Campus cops treat Ubuntu use as sign of criminality

> On Sat, Apr 18, 2009 at 08:35:17AM -0400, Jerry Feldman wrote:
> BC has some issues being a Jesuit school surrounded by an upscale Jewish
> neighborhood :-)
>
> We'll see how this plays out, but I think there might be a bit more in
> this than a Linux console with a prompt.

Absolutely.  the article summary is more than a little
misleading. The actual request for the warrant does not indicate
that the use of Linux is a criminal activity. It does allege that
the person in question, according to his roommate, who he does
not get along with, uses a dual boot system, in part to conceal
criminal activities. The truth of that allegation remains to be
seen of course. But in no way does the warrant request to make it
seem like using Linux is a criminal activity.