cgi pblm

On Wed, Apr 15, 2009 at 04:30:10PM -0400, dan moylan wrote:
> it shows this:
>    [Wed Apr 15 16:22:35 2009] [error] [client 127.0.1.1]
>    Options ExecCGI is off in this directory:
>    /var/www/moy/cgi-bin/welcome.cgi
>
> looks useful, but i don't know how to turn it on.

Add a bit like this:

<Directory "/var/www/moy/cgi-bin">
  Options ExecCGI
  AllowOverride None
  Order allow,deny
  Allow from all
</Directory>

> > Also, what is the HTTP error code you're getting for the URL?
>
>   forbidden

So that's a 403?  The access_log will have the exact HTTP status code:

You probably need to check your permissions for the moy and cgi-bin
directories and make sure +x is set on the script itself.

You can also run that script by hand to make sure it's outputting valid
HTML.

-ben

--
it ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. it's what you
know for sure that just ain't so.                         <mark twain>