SheevaPlug: low power wall-plug form-factor computer

On Sat, Apr 11, 2009 at 11:47:09AM -0400, Derek Atkins wrote:
> Dan Ritter <dsr-mzpnVDyJpH4k7aNtvndDlA at public.gmane.org> writes:
>
> > Give it a USB disk to store voice mail, and it could handle
> > Asterisk for a reasonable-sized office -- say, 30-50 people.
>
> Provided you don't need any Zaptel cards to interface to POTS.

Indeed. I use Linksys 3002 boxes -- they now have another name,
I think -- to provide one FX and one FO line apiece. An office
of 30 people who aren't doing telemarketing might  use 2 outbound
lines, of which one should be reserved for 911 calls, and as
many simultaneous SIP connections as your bandwidth can support.

SIP quality is pretty much identical to POTS, provided you have
a good enough connection to the Net.

-dsr-

You can't defend freedom by getting rid of it.