mouse-friendly MythTV

David Kramer wrote:
> Tom Metro wrote:
>> I could see one of these being useful for a home theater PC.
>
> Reason #35 that I wish MythTV was more mouse-friendly.

True. There are a few settings you can change (like enabling the
pointer) that improve the situation, but most of the UI just isn't
designed for mouse interaction, which somewhat diminishes the
front-end's usefulness as a media applet on a desktop. (You can make the
front-end run in a window and scale it down so it doesn't dominate the
desktop.)

A year ago or so someone put some effort into boosting the mouse
compatibility of the UI and some of the plugins, with the goal of being
able to use it fro a touch screen. I don't know if those patches made it
into the trunk. (They probably post-date the 0.21-fixes branch that most
distributions are using.)

  -Tom

--
Tom Metro