Cordless presentation mouse

Jerry Feldman wrote:
> Tom Metro wrote:
>> I was under the impression from your wording that you wanted something
>> that could serve as a regular mouse, in addition to being a
>> presentation tool. I thought there were such products on the market
>
> I think that a regular mouse or trackball really would not work for
> presentations. Possibly a trackball.

Agreed, if you really need X-Y cursor control during the presentation.
(But it's a pretty rare presentation that does.)

Here's an example of what I had pictured - a combo traditional mouse and
presentation tool:
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=3536986

I'm sure there are others like this. Though from a quick skim of the
specs it doesn't look like you get X-Y cursor control in presentation
mode. Just some extra buttons and a laser pointer.

Here's a variation that uses a thumb operated trackball:
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/searchtools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=3327394

and claims it can substitute for a mouse for normal use, but unless
you're used to mousing with a track ball, that'll feel awkward.

  -Tom

--
Tom Metro
Venture Logic, Newton, MA, USA