Desktop Relevance

>> Eric Chadbourne wrote:
>>
>> There's so much documentation and a large and friendly community
>> learning about Linux won't be difficult at all for you.
>>
>>> become more user friendly considering Ubuntu
>>
>> Yuck!!!  Fedora rules!  ;-)
>
 > David Kramer wrote:
> ... And there you have it.  This is, and always has been, a part of the
> UNIX/Linux adoption problem.  With Windows, there's Windows.  And with
> most releases, there's maybe three different levels, and it's usually
> pretty clear which you need (home vs pro vs ultimate).  With Linux, not
> only are there too many choices for the uninitiated to make, but there
> are zealots behind each one touting how they are the one true $FOO.

Oh lord David that's not fair.  I assume you're bored and lookin' for
conversation.

1.  What the heck's wrong with the "uninitiated" having choices?  I just
got a loan to buy a new motorcycle.  I know very little about mechanics.
  I did some research and to the best of my uninitiated ability picked
the best one.  I prefer the multiple choices.  It's so much more
pleasant than another choosing for me.  And you know what, if I made a
mistake, that's ok.  I'll do better next time.  Kind of the same for my
favorite OS, programming languages and database.

2.  I am not a Fedora zealot and only said that for amusement.  My
server runs CentOS.  My workstation runs XP, Fedora and Gnusense.  And
I'll leave them all for BSD if they piss me off!

- Eric C.