Desktop relevance

On Sun, Mar 29, 2009 at 08:06:44AM -0400, John Boland wrote:
> i've been struggling with this x86_64 box for a while.  do you have any
> tips/tricks for f9 or is faster/easier to upgrade to f10?

What are your issues with VMware Server 1.x on x86_64 machines?  I have
been running that version, first on Fedora 7 x86_64 and then on CentOS 5
x86_64 for the last two years without issues.

The 1.0.2 installation on Fedora 7 (2.6.23) required some patches at the
time to run with that kernel, but I installed 1.0.8 on CentOS 5 (2.6.18)
the other day straight from the download tarball without any issue.

-ben

--
the cure for boredom is curiosity. there is no cure for curiosity.
                                                  <dorothy parker>