Firefox eats my CPU like I eat ribs

On Sat, Mar 28, 2009 at 5:23 PM, Danny Robert <daniel.robert-HInyCGIudOg at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> Unfortunately my only evidence is anecdotal, but whenever firefox is
> eating my CPU I've always found it to be the flash plugin. ?Wish I had
> more to offer.
>
> -Danny

I've had some similar episodes and have found that the last plugin
that I added was causing the problem.  Or, in the case of a Firefox
update, an existing plugin started to misbehave.   So, the two
solutions are to disable a plugin one at a time until you find the one
that is not working well.  Or, you can install a clean profile (using
profile manager) and see if Firefox works well with no plugins - -
then start adding.

Note: FF just released a security update (today?) to 3.0.8

--
Greg Rundlett
Web Developer - Initiative in Innovative Computing