Security, certification, and Cloud Computing

Laura Conrad wrote:
> You should slap all the HR and management people who kept asking him
> if he had TCP/IP.  That's why he put it there.

I'd say "touch?", except I think they'd have to have gotten that sort of
question from somewhere. That being the case, it's either an excellent
opportunity to show off your knowledge of the subject, or explain why it
has little to do with the position in question, or perhaps it's a real
good reason to find somewhere else to ply your trade. The other
possibility is that perhaps they truly need someone to understand
thoroughly the TCP/IP protocol, in which case most of the folks on whose
resume's I'd seen this very likely don't. It's a reasonably specialized
skillset and although useful, typically isn't needed by anyone other
than the most serious of network admins. But your point is well taken -
HR does tend to latch onto random buzz-words, and then regurgitating
them at a later date.

Grant M.
--
Grant Mongardi