TV wattage surprise

In trying to save on energy consumption costs, I figured I'd look at my
computer electronic devices - I have an old 19 inch tube tv, 95 watts.   I
thought that was a lot.   I researched specs for some LCD tvs, and was
shocked when I couldn't really find any 32 to 40 inch displays below 130
watts!   The space for the tv has grown, so a larger tv would be
beneficial, but the tradeoff of a larger screen also means more power
draw, regardless of older tube-type or newer Energy-Star systems.

What have others done to battle this?  My tube tv won't last forever, and
when it does need to get replaced, it looks like I'll be consuming more
energy, for even more money - 700+ dollars for a larger display and
greater power consumption.  I won't be saving money anywhere!

I was thinking of getting a kill a watt device, but I also realized that I
really may not need that - just research the devices I think are consuming
the most energy and see what to do to likely replace them with devices
that consume less power, if possible.

Maybe the same for my desktop tube monitor.

What have others learned, experienced, and done, for tv replacement?

95 watts doesn't seem so bad right now...

Thanks.

Scott