Helping Vendors: was linux desktop from scratch

You know, after reading Laura Conrad's post, it occurred to me that we
at BLU should be able to help ourselves and places like MicroCenter at
the same time.  I'm not sure who/how to approach the store, but...

We could organize "build your Linux box" events at Microcenter where We
would volunteer (I would!) and setup a table or two and help people  put
together machines and try peripherals right there.  (Maybe in exchange
for some hardware :-)

Users walk away with a functional and configured Linux box and
MicroCenter gets to sell more boxes with fewer returns.