Boston Linux Meeting Wednesday, February 18, 2009 Linux Total Cost of Ownership

On Thu, Feb 12, 2009 at 01:38:20PM -0500, John Abreau wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 12, 2009 at 1:30 PM,  <jkinz-+hffLmS/kj4 at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> > Jerry, Just a notion, does Blu have a gcalendar (google calendar) up?
> >
> > Asking because gcal's allow you to blend multiple calendars so you
> > can see how other peoples/groups schedules mesh up with your own. Makes
> > it quite easy to reserve spots for good Linux meetings. :-)
>
> If gcalendar has an API for updates, then I can add something to the
> scripts that update the BLU calendar to sync out to gcalendar.
>
> If gcalendar needs to be maintained by hand, then it's unlikely to remain
> in sync with the BLU calendar.
>
> Do you know if it has a sync API?

Interesting you should ask!  :-)

It has a number of  API's,  there is even a tool called "gcalcli" :
"gcal cli"  for use from the command line.  that might be best
suited for a shell scipt interface.  There are also tools in
JavaScript and Python. (and Java and .NEt and PHP)

gcalcli is written in python.
http://code.google.com/p/gcalcli/

However, I don't know of a specific "sync" call. It may or may
not exist. haven't dug in deeply enough yet.

gcalcli uses the python Gdata tools which you can look at more
closely here::
http://code.google.com/p/gdata-python-client/

and Docs are here:
http://gdata-python-client.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/pydocs/