virtual box

On 02/02/2009 10:39 AM, David Rosenstrauch wrote:
> David Hummel wrote:
>  =20
>> On Sat, Jan 31, 2009 at 1:08 PM, David Rosenstrauch <darose-prQxUZoa2zOsTnJN9+BGXg at public.gmane.org=
> wrote:
>>    =20
>>> In fact, I even share the same Linux guest OS, sometimes running it o=
n a
>>> Windows host, and sometimes on a Linux one.  (That doesn't work for
>>> Windows guests, though, as Win doesn't take kindly to the underlying
>>> hardware changing massively from under it.)
>>>      =20
>> This should work no problem with the same VirtualBox version and
>> configuration, and even across minor versions.  I've done this several=

>> times without issue using a WinXP guest.  In this scenario the
>> hardware from the perspective of the guest is the same regardless of
>> the guest and the host.  It kind of defeats one of the main purposes
>> of virtualization if you can't move the VM around ...
>>    =20
>
> Well, that's Windows for you!
>  =20
I've had Windows XP running under Virtualbox on my Ubuntu Laptop for=20
quite a while now. Last week, it would boot fine, but if I did anything, =

it would hang. For instance bring up a command prompt, and just typing=20
ipconfig would hang Windows. This weekend, I upgraded from Virtualbox=20
2.0 to Virtualbox 2.1, and Windows does not hang any more.

--=20
Boston Linux and Unix
PGP key id: 537C5846