Color laser printer

On Jan 21, 2009, at 9:03, jkinz-+hffLmS/kj4 at public.gmane.org wrote:

> Hi - I've been asked to make a recommendation for a color laser
> printer. (Low to medium duty on a Linux server or LAN)

I'll second Robert's suggestion of the Brother HL-4070CDW.  The duplex
feature is awesome.   It has built-in ethernet and wifi.   At the
office we have basically the same printer with a scanner/copier
feature (but without wifi).

I print from OS X, but Brother advertises Linux support ("Linux: Red
Hat, Mandrake, SuSE, Debian").

When I got mine from Amazon it had some sort of mechanical problem so
it couldn't pick up paper from the feeder.  I called Brother and they
1) picked up the phone, 2) sent someone out to look at it 3) sent a
replacement printer and picked up the broken one.    More and much
better service than I expected for a <$500 piece of equipment.

This is the first printer I've had in a long time that in robustness
and "just-works-ness" feels like the old HP LaserJet printers of 15-20
years ago.

  - ask