MMapFile: File locking failed with error code 37

On 01/27/2009 04:15 PM, Nuno Sucena Almeida wrote:
> Hi Jerry,=20
>
> I remember having locking problems with one of the rpc daemon about a
> year ago, maybe stat, that would cause havoc with the nfs mounted
> clients. When I looked at it, I traced to a flaw in some of the kernel
> code which was corrected in some newer kernel version. Right now I'm
> running 2.6.24 or above. I don't know how difficult is to try a new
> kernel on your system, but maybe you can give it a try.
>
>        	         Cheers,
> 			 Nuno
>

> On Mon, Jan 26, 2009 at 11:12:35AM -0500, Jerry Feldman wrote:
>  =20
>> We are having some issues with RHEL 5.2 NFS.  If I run the program on =
a=20
>> system with local disks, everything works fine, but if I run it on an =
NFS=20
>>    =20
That is a possibility. I'll see if I can get a new kernel for one of the =

RHEL systems. Since my company wants all systems to be at the same rev,=20
it requires a bit of politicking. I would love to be able to upgrade my=20
IA64 system, but the latest IA64 release is Fedora9 which has the same=20
problem. Unfortunately, the reason they don't have the problem in=20
Toronto is that the main cluster uses Solaris as the NFS server, and my=20
group's cluster is using RHEL 3 for the NFS server. The reason we don't=20
want to downgrade is that the NFS server we are using is also a=20
development machine.

--=20
Boston Linux and Unix
PGP key id: 537C5846