Quaternions?

Hello Bill:

It was I.  The site that has been around since 1997 is
http://quaternions.com.  That is devoted to doing physics with
quaternions.  It is served up at theworld.com, the folks in Brookline
who started letting people pay for an email address back in 1989.

I am developing software at quaternions.sf.net.  I use an old but
trusty interface, the command line, so you can do odd things like:

> q_cos 1 2 3 4
58.933646 -34.086184 -51.129276 -68.172367
> q_cos 1 2 3 4 | q_conj
58.933646 34.086184 51.129276 68.172367

The key program is called q_graph, which can take 50k of quaternions,
sort them by time, and use POVRay to make a set of 3D images that can
be linked into an animated gif (talk about low tech, but I still
haven't found an animation data format that is widespread on the web).

My hope is over the next 6 months to redo the sf.net website
completely using Drupal.  I would like to have a community that works
on analytical animations (like the stuff of Rene Descartes, but always
makes a film, even for polynomials, see > q_poly -help).

My educational outreach is through TheStandUpPhysicist.com.  I have
more than a dozen shows about 20 minutes each that deal with physics.
Each show ends with a small sketch lightly related to the topic of the
show.

If you have some specific questions, feel free to email me or even
more efficient, I can give you my cell #.

Doug