zoogmo for Linux

I came across this social network backup system called Zoogmo (see
description below).  It is a good idea and I was wondering if a
similar (i.e P2P, multiple storage sites, bittorrent ) open source
backup system runs on Linux?  I have read a single sentence in a blog
that claims it runs on Linux, but there were no further explanations
provided.

With Zoogmo you get absolutely FREE and UNLIMITED offsite backup!

Zoogmo makes backup cool by using existing internet connections,
available space on computers & your great relationships with your
friends to automatically and securely back up your files to a place
you trust. YOU control where your files are backed up by building your
personal network of your own or your trusted friends' computers or USB
drives.

Shouldn't you decide where your precious data will be backed up?

Because Zoogmo can make redundant backups of your files to multiple
locations, you get a more secure backup and also a faster
BitTorrent-like restore. Zoogmo partners decide how much space to
allocate to each other on their computers and then Zoogmo runs in the
background, automatically backing up changes on your computer
incrementally. All backups are encrypted before they leave your
computer so only you know what you are backing up and absolutely no
one can read your files.

If you backup between your own computers at home, backup and restore
happen at LAN speed which is 30-50 times faster than the internet.

Zoogmo turns spare disc space into a backup community - backup meets
social networking. There's even a cool Facebook application that you
can use to tell your network of friends that you are looking for
backup space.