Zaphod mode dual-head on intel an graphics card in Fedora 10?

On Thu, Jan 15, 2009 at 01:34:08PM -0500, Derek Atkins wrote:
> Hey,
>
> I just upgraded my laptop from Fedora 7 to Fedora 10.  It's
> got an Intel 945(GM?) graphics card.  In Fedora 7 I could
> use the i810 xorg driver and setup a dual-head environment
> where I'd get the gnome panel on both screens (laptop at 1600x1050
> and external monitor at 1024x768), :0.0 and :0.1.

From
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/xorg/driver/xf86-video-intel/tree/README

Known Limitations
	- No support for "zaphod mode" dualhead. This is the
mode in which two Device sections are placed in the config file, and
doesn't support DRI or many other features. Instead, only "MergedFB-style"
dualhead is supported.

I think you'll need to go back to the i810 driver, which may be
difficult. (Or not; if X.org still supports it, then it won't be
hard.)

-dsr-

You can't defend freedom by getting rid of it.