How to remove duplicate files [SOLVED]

Greg Rundlett wrote:
> How to remove duplicate files. Or: "how to clean up after your
> photo-collecting self after the Holidays"
>
> Digital photography is great -- until the day you realize that you
> have over 5,428 photos and have stashed bits and pieces of your
> collection here or there (with multiple redundant copies).
>
> Bottom line: get fslint to find and eliminate duplicate files on your system.
>
> The techniques and solutions I used are listed in my blog post.
> Comments and improvements please.
>
> http://freephile.com/cms/content/remove-duplicate-files

If you're looking for cool tools to reclaim your hard drive, also check
out filelight (http://www.methylblue.com/filelight/) which visualizes
those obese directories as an interactive pie graph you can drill down
into.  I posted about it on *my* blog

http://thekramers.net/wordpress/index.php/20081130

(coincidentally, I talk about fslint in the same post)