Replacement firmware for Linksys routers

I can only speak for dd-wrt.  It's an amazing piece of software and
the UI makes it extremely easy to configure.  I don't think there is
much of a UI in OpenWRT.  I purchased a T-Mobile HotSpot Linksys on
eBay for $75, it has 32MB flash so it allows the install of dd-wrt
jumbo (the package that has every single option).

Their website is extremely helpful as well.

-Tim