KDE vs. GNOME session management

I'm setting up a new desktop and am at the point of deciding whether to
venture away from the familiar GNOME to KDE (4.x). Sure, it's easy
enough to just try KDE in theory, but in practice it'll take a bit of
time investment to customize it, so I'm doing some research. (I've
already toyed around with it for a while via a Kubuntu live CD.)

One feature that might be compelling enough to warrant a switch is
session management. In GNOME, there are sessions, but the GNOME
affiliated applications don't seem to be so smart about saving their
internal state, particularly GNOME Terminal, which seems to remember
nothing other than the quantity of windows and a few aesthetic
attributes. GNOME sessions, in my experience, also were a bit flaky.
After the first reboot, you'd get most things restored, then the next
time you'd get only a few, etc.

I've read that KDE is better in this area, and when I previously brought
up the topic of xterm sessions David Rosenstrauch recommended Konsole. I
toyed with Konsole, but didn't put it into daily use. It probably
warrants a second look.

Anyone have comments on their experiences with KDE session management in
general?

  -Tom

--
Tom Metro