Need info on wireless access points

Bill Bogstad wrote:
> On Sun, Dec 28, 2008 at 3:13 PM, Bill Horne <bill-CIZd1d4GmLheoWH0uzbU5w at public.gmane.org> wrote:
>
>> Thanks for reading this.
>>
>> My sister has moved into elderly housing, and she's in need of an
>> internet connection. She has a neighbor who's willing to share a WiFi
>> setup, and thus she needs an access point that can be used as a client.
>>
>> I'm looking at the Linksys WAP54G, since I believe it can be set to use
>> only one antenna, and that's important because it might take a "pringles
>> can" antenna to make it from my sister's apartment to her neighbor's
>> house. I've used a WAP54B in the past, and liked the ease-of-use.
>>

> It's not completely clear to me what you are trying to accomplish or what your
> sister's neighbor already has.

My sister's neighbor has a typical 802.11B/G router, and she has a PC
with a (wired)
Ethernet card. Since I already have a Yagi antenna and cable, with a
reverse SMC
connector on the cable, I want to use a Linksys wireless access point as
a _client_.
The Linksys will match the cable I have, and that means I don't need to
buy a
different cable or construct another antenna.

So, I need to have a unit that has (a) A reverse SMC connector, and (b)
the capability
of serving as a wireless client.

I hope this makes the situation more clear. Thanks for your help!

Bill Horne

--
E. William Horne
William Warren Consulting