compiz

Stephen Adler wrote:
> Anyone use compiz out there? I'm going through my compiz phase and I'm
> having a blast with it. But there seems to be some quirks with it. I've
> turned on the animation module and the animation times don't seem to
> jive with the settings in ccsm. Does anyone have any experience with the
> animation plugin?

There are a couple plugins that conflict with each other (ie provide a
different effect for the same action, like minimizing a window or switching a
workspace).  It does some detection of that sort of thing, for example it pops
up a thing if you try and have "animations" and "minimize effect" active at
the same time, since they both provide a minimize effect.  But I wouldn't
trust it...

My favorite feature is the "Annotate" plugin.  Although for some reason I
can't get it to work in fedora 10 (worked fine in Fedora 9).  I think it has
to do with the keyboard auto-detection not figuring out that I have a
"Windows" key, which is used in the default key-bindings for Annotate (and the
"Shift Switcher", which is another favorite).

Matt