NetworkManager?

I've been experimenting with NM on my desktop. The first thing you need
to do is to uncheck the interface you want NM to manage in the manual
connection.
One problem is that System/Administration/Services does not come up on
my GUI either logged in as myself or as root. There are some messages in
=2Exsession-errors, but I have yet to research it. In any case, chkconfig=

works fine.
I enabled NetworkManager  for run levels 3,4, and 5.
I them brought up the manual networking and disabled eth1 and unchecked
both eth1 and eth0.

Currently, NM set up auto-eth0 and auto-eth1, but does not automatically =

come up with my manual eth0.

Another problem is that Network Manager comes up during boot as I would=20
expect it to, but the "Synchronizing time server:ntpdate" step fails,=20
probably because NM takes a few seconds to come up.

Currently NM lets me select Manual eth0, but I can't remove or edit the=20
auto eth[0,1] categories are read-only.

On 12/12/2008 04:21 PM, Jarod Wilson wrote:
> Not surprising that a year newer version works better. :) NM in Fedora
> 10 is pretty damned solid as well, and its the default 'bring up the
> network' tool for Fedora now. The old network scripts are deprecated,
> slated for removal sometime in the near future, and NM is fully able to=

> start up your network interface at boot time, before login, just like
> the old network scripts now.
>

>  =20

--=20
Boston Linux and Unix