parent-conferencing

Nuno Sucena Almeida wrote:
> Hi,
>
> 	 ekiga voip/video works pretty well. If both of your clients
> are behind NAT, you can use stun, which also gives me no problems. You
> can also setup an encrypted vpn (openvpn/vtund/etc) between the
> machines , since ekiga doesn't support encryption afaik.

Interesting.  One of the the clients will be behind NAT, but that's at my
house so I can easily add port-forwarding rules.

I think I would generally prefer ekiga to skype for the client side, for my
simple habit of when given a choice between two roughly equivalent
implementations, go with the free-as-in-speech one.

There is a ubuntu page (https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Ekiga) that claims
that the Zphone commercial plugin for encrypting SIP will work in Ekiga.

I think I'm going to try to set up asterisk.  It'll probably be educational
even if it turns out to be too hairy.  I'll let you all know how it goes...

Matt