DD-WRT and hostnames for MAC addresses?

John Abreau wrote:
> I'm running ddwrt...
> Each row has the MAC address populated...but the columns for
> host name and ip address are unpopulated...

Generally that should happen via DHCP. Assuming you started with some
default settings, it sounds rather odd that the wireless clients weren't
at least getting an IP address assigned via DHCP.

Specifically, with DD-WRT, you go to the Services tab (if I recall
correctly) and add custom config lines in the appropriate box for
Dnsmasq to map MAC addresses to particular IPs and host names.

  -Tom

--
Tom Metro
Venture Logic, Newton, MA, USA