Comcast/Mythtv (OT?)

On 11/24/2008 10:03 PM, Tom Metro wrote:
> Technically I don't think they're called premium channels. Those, like
> HBO, were vacated from analog a while ago, I think. All (or at least=20
> most of) the stuff on "Expanded Basic" is commercial supported. Kinda=20
> makes you wonder why they cost anything.
>  =20
A few years ago, the FCC ruled that cable companies had to pay a fee for =

rebroadcasting channels. A one time, cable channels, such as TBS, could=20
be rebroadcasted at no additional cost. Now, even commercial supported=20
channels require a fee. This was over 10 years ago.

Basically, those channels, such as A&E, Discovery, etc. that are=20
provided with commercials should be provided in a basic cable package.

One question, can MythTV boxes use the Cable Card?

--=20
Boston Linux and Unix
PGP key id: 537C5846