Comcast/Mythtv (OT?)

Jarod Wilson <jarod-ajLrJawYSntWk0Htik3J/w at public.gmane.org> writes:

>> 1) Multi-HD-PVR support (having multiple HD-PVRs connected to the
>>    same Mythtv box)
>
> Hrm, I'd assumed that was already doable, but I take it that's not the
> case? I know Janne does plan to support multiple devices.

I don't know.  I haven't tried it.  I don't even own an HD-PVR
yet, let alone two.  I've just heard nothing back about it.  Nor
do I know if the support is based on GUIDs or some other stable
name so that the USB probe order doesn't change inputs.

>> 2) Channel Changing through the HD-PVR.  (I think this would be
>>    a requirement for #1).
>
> Janne does have some patches for lirc_ziloc to add both IR send and
> receive via the HD-PVR, which I believe he said were almost ready...

Cool.  IR Send is IMHO most important, as otherwise how can
Myth change the channel on the source connected to the PVR?
It becomes even more important with multiple PVRs because you
need to make sure you change the correct source.

>> I'm hoping these features are on the drawing board, because using
>> the HD-PVR is a real-world system depends on them. :(
>
> Yeah, mine is still mostly just sitting there, due to lack of time to do
> anything with it... Then firewire started [almost] working w/the new
> stack, and that's only further sidetracked me... :)

Well, I do have some extra hardware I could use to play with now, so
maybe when I get back home in '09 I'll acquire an HD-PVR and try to
setup a test system.

> --jarod

-derek

       warlord-DPNOqEs/LNQ at public.gmane.org                        PGP key available