Comcast/Mythtv (OT?)

AFAIK, All cable companies are required by the FCC to continue to=20
support the basic TV subscribers either by continuing to broadcast=20
analog or by providing a free digital box to their subscribers. The news =

item below was from a year ago, and he cable companies are pushing back=20
a bit, but the bottom line is they must support their basic cable=20
customers. The issue is that they are broadcasting analog, digital and=20
HD for a number of stations. I do know that Comcast no longer broadcasts =

TruTV and MSNBC analog. Some cable companies are dropping analog=20
altogether and providing free digtal boxes to analog subscribers.

Fox News 9/2007:

*WASHINGTON  =E2=80=94  The Federal Communications Commission approved ru=
les=20
Tuesday night that it says will ensure that millions of cable=20
subscribers will still be able to watch broadcast programming after the=20
digital television transition in 2009.*

The FCC says approximately 40 million households are analog-only cable=20
subscribers. Tuesday's ruling will require cable operators to guarantee=20
analog cable customers will receive broadcast channels until February 201=
2.

Here is what Comcast says online:

    If you have Comcast Cable, you=E2=80=99re ready already for the Digit=
al
    Transition.

If all your TVs are currently connected to Comcast, you don't have to=20
worry about a thing. When February 17, 2009 rolls around, you can just=20
sit back, relax and keep watching your favorite shows.