Fedora 8 yum error

On Wed, 2008-11-19 at 20:14 -0500, david-8uUts6sDVDvs2Lz0fTdYFQ at public.gmane.org wrote:
> > On Wed, 2008-11-19 at 07:20 -0500, David Kramer wrote:
> >> [root at janus pluginconf.d]# yum info poster
> >> Loaded plugins: fedorakmod, kernel-module, kmdl, priorities
> >> rpmdb: PANIC: fatal region error detected; run recovery
> >> error: db4 error(-30977) from dbenv->open: DB_RUNRECOVERY: Fatal error,
> >> run database recovery
> >> error: cannot open Packages index using db3 -  (-30977)
> >> error: cannot open Packages database in /var/lib/rpm
>
> > Bleah! I see mis-matched db3 and db4 calls mentioned there... You didn't
> > upgrade rpm to the Fedora 10 version, did you? Historically, rpm has
>
> No.  As I said, this box is still F8. But I see that I have db4.
Yes, db4 has been an installed component for quite a while, but rpm was
using its own internal copy of db<something>. I was just trying to
figure out how the heck that happened on your system, and something
along those lines was pretty common when going from f9 to f10 at one
point. Not a clue how it happened in your case, but it does happen
sometimes... Regardless, glad to hear its back in working order.

--jarod