OT - Linux help needed

After this morning's meeting with the boss, I felt I had to vent a little
frustration here on the list.  Every day since September, I pick up the
newspaper and see how the economy has supposedly gone south.  But I look out
the office window and see backhoes, construction cranes and a flurry of
economic activity.  Just 3 weeks ago, a crew showed up to break ground on a
new office tower here across from CambridgeSide Galleria.

Here's my frustration with this economic reality:  I can't find good Linux
people.  The boss just shot down my latest pair of applicants.

What I do:  data center management for an online dating site, specifically,
the deployment of a technology that I call Instant Linux which allows a small
team of us to get a lot more systems put online in a hurry, with better
monitoring and higher availability.

Why it's cool:  we're pushing the envelope in terms of adopting new
applications, crafting better tools and reaching a wider base of users who
count on us every day.

Why you should get in touch with me about this:  I've built this team from
scratch from just myself a year ago to 4 people working for me today.  I'll
have 9 people working for me this time next year, if I can find the right
ones.  The departmental budget is larger than any I've ever had for a team
this size, thanks to the efficiency tools that have been developed
already--basically, we run  more computers with fewer sys admins and tools
developers.  I've got many more tools to get in place, and your help's needed!

Why aren't enough qualified applicants coming in the door?  I don't know.
Maybe because it's a gay site?  Nah, that's not controversial anymore--the
experience we're getting here will be gold on any future resume.  Maybe
because the economy's actually booming and the newspapers aren't telling the
real story?  Maybe because the economy's so bad that no one's willing to jump
ship on what's been a stable job?  I'm betting the latter.  I have an answer
to that:  we get our revenues direct from customers who give us what amounts
to micropayments each month, and the trend has been up rather than down since
the recession hit.

The job postings are in the careers section of the online-buddies.com website.
 Or just send me your resume or refer your friends.  Surely SOMEONE needs
work.

Sorry for venting.  I'm just frustrated that I'm not getting the right
applicants so far, and that the rate of new applicants has been way too low.
We don't use recruiters and the online sites like dice.com, monster.com et al
have not been producing the right results.

-rich
Production Systems Engineering
Manhunt.Net
Cambridge, MA 02140 USA