Windows virtualization and Linux

I'm not a lawyer and I'm not advocating stealing Microsoft's work in any
way, however, I do have a strong opinion about the enforceability of the
EULA W/R to ownership and operation of Windows.

My dad once told me, that people can claim all they want, but that doesn't
mean they have the right to do it. More to the point, the EULA may "say"
you can't do something, but that doesn't mean you don't have the right.

Just like when major League Baseball says you can't many any copies of any
portion of a baseball game without written consent of the MLB, this is
clearly false and you can do what ever you want within the realm of "fair
use."

Personally, I "own" many windows licenses. I have properly obtained
multiple copies of the copyrighted work, I have properly compensated the
intellectual property owners at their requested rate of payment. I
consider the transaction done. They don't get to tell me what I can or can
not do with my copy any more than an artist can prevent me from either
destroying or selling a painting I bought at a gallery.

There is a *lot* of legal fighting going on as we speak about the
enforceability of these sorts of clauses, and until there is a clear and
concise legal decision, I will proceed with common law rights of ownership
and the fair use and first sale doctrines. Big corporation may wish to
exert control over its customers, but we have laws to protect us.

So, I use my Windows licenses that cam with computers and laptops I have
bought to run Windows in a VM. If Microsoft has an issue with that, let
them try to sue me, I'm sure the FSF, EFF, and other organizations would
love to pick up that fight.

What do you all think?