Craigslist and looking for a web/php/postgresql guy

   Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2008 10:25:03 -0500
   From: Derek Martin <invalid-yPs96gJSFQo51KKgMmcfiw at public.gmane.org>

   On Sun, Nov 02, 2008 at 12:58:48PM -0500, Ethan Schwartz wrote:
   > Just curious--why demand that the applicant be on the Boston side of 128?
   > If you say up front it's an in-office job and you expect them to keep 9-5
   > Mon-Fri hours, what's it to you if they want to commute further then 128?
   >
   > We have people who drive to our inside-128-location from
   > Worcester, Sturbridge, Gardner, etc, they all show up on time.
   > Then we have folks who live within 5-10 miles of the office and
   > are consistently late :^)

   I echo the same curiosity and sentiments...

The original poster might want to talk to an employment lawyer also --
there could be legal issues with that kind of requirement if it's not
clearly related to the job (if someone is willing to commute, what
difference is it to the employer where they happen to live?)