[Fwd: Third and last step of the transition from Livna to RPM Fusion begins: Enabling RPM Fusion for all livna users!]

FYI for those in Fedora-land that use Livna or Freshrpms:

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Third and last step of the transition from Livna to RPM Fusion
begins: Enabling RPM Fusion for all livna users!
Date: Mon, 03 Nov 2008 19:40:01 +0100
From: Thorsten Leemhuis <fedora-rCxcAJFjeRkk+I/owrrOrA at public.gmane.org>
To: RPM Fusion users discussion list <rpmfusion-users-RBeuRqtZptqA7WtFc61eq0B+6BGkLq7r at public.gmane.org>,
     For users of Fedora Core releases <fedora-list-H+wXaHxf7aLQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org>

Hi!

As you'll likely have heard by now: RPM Fusion (http://rpmfusion.org),
the merger of Dribble, Freshrpms and Livna was finally launched today. See
https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-announce-list/2008-November/msg00003.html
for details. All Livna users will be migrated automatically to RPM
Fusion from now on.

The process works like this: I added the rpmfusion-release packages for
RPM Fusion's free and nonfree repos to the livna repo for F8 and F9;
a updated livna-release packages in the livna repos for F8 and F9 tracks
those two rpmfusion-release packages into your system with a RPM
dependency. That way all users that installed livna properly (e.g. by
installing the livna-release package) will now get RPM Fusion enabled
automatically.

Note, all of Livna's packages that still have a maintainer that takes
care of the package have been imported and built for RPM Fusion -- there
is just one one major exception: RPM Fusion chose to not ship one
package that is used when you play DVD, as that library is a bit more
complicated then all the others software in Livna/RPM Fusion. So you
should leave livna repos enabled if you still want that package; Livna
(or maybe some other repo that does not exist yet) will continue to ship
that package for the foreseeable future.

If you want to enable RPM Fusion on new installs use this command:

> rpm -ivh \
> http://download1.rpmfusion.org/free/fedora/rpmfusion-free-release-stable.noarch.rpm \
> http://download1.rpmfusion.org/nonfree/fedora/rpmfusion-nonfree-release-stable.noarch.rpm

Please note that you need different release rpms if you use rawhide or
Fedora alpha/beta/preview releases:

> rpm -ivh \
> http://download1.rpmfusion.org/free/fedora/rpmfusion-free-release-rawhide.noarch.rpm \
> http://download1.rpmfusion.org/nonfree/fedora/rpmfusion-nonfree-release-rawhide.noarch.rpm

RPM Fusion's Bugtracker (please report all issues here and not on the
mailing lists!): http://bugzilla.rpmfusion.org/

Mailing lists for RPM Fusion users:

Please spread the news! tia!

CU
knurd

P.S.: Some people will wonder why the nvidia drivers 177.80 are not yet
in the RPM Fusion repos for F8 and F9. The reason is dead simple: Nvidia
dropped support for the GeForce 5 series in the 177 driver series. Hence
if we'd ship the drivers as regular update then we'd break the setup for
all users that currently use the livna drivers together with a GeForce
5. A solution is in the works, but not yet finished.