utube video divice

On Mon, Nov 3, 2008 at 11:11 AM, Stephen Adler <adler-wRvlPVLobi1/31tCrMuHxg at public.gmane.org> wrote:

> I want to shoot some video which I can upload to youtube. But I want to
> be able to stick to using my linux desktop to do the work of downloading
> the video and uploading to youtube. Is there any lore about what small,
> compact video camera's out there are linux friendly?
>
> Thanks.

My adventures in Video blogging are still very new, but some details are here:
http://freephile.com/wiki/index.php/Video_Blogging

In short, I've found the FlipVideo device to be a real easy option for
video recording.  I haven't had any problems -- even with the
proprietary encoding algorithm of the avi files produced by the
FlipVideo -- thanks to the ffmpeg project.

Also, I don't have details, but I did read that vimeo offers better
quality than youtube.  I simply uploaded my video to the site, and
(like YouTube) the site handles the conversion and final quality
settings.
e.g. http://rundlett.com/cms/blog/skeletons-closet

--
visit http://freephile.com today