Web Hosting Suggestions

darose wrote:

> I've had good luck with Dreamhost.  Generous amounts of storage and
> bandwidth, reliable service, and very reasonable prices.

I enthusiastically second the vote for Dreamhost. I've been hosting my
personal web site (www.glump.net) there since 2005. (Seems like it's been
longer, but that's what the control panel reports.) My experience with them
so far has been relatively trouble-free.

* Generous bandwidth and disk space quotas.
* Unix, LAMP-based hosting. No JSP, no ASP, no Windows. Includes PHP,
python, perl, ruby (+rails), and you can compile C/C++ CGI scripts.
* Cheap!
* Transparent datacenter policies and operations -- read their blogs and
sign up for problem alerts.
* Extensive employee and customer-maintained help wiki.
* Apparently happy employees.
* Excellent included tools: home-grown Control Panel that's better than
anything else I've ever seen; wizard-based installation of several popular
LAMP-based apps.