Discuss Digest, Vol 12, Issue 22

On 10/21/2008 12:19 PM, Allan's former friend Eric wrote:
> 1. you top posted.
> 2.  you replied to the digest instead of the actual subject.
>
> booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!
>
> - eric.
> aka friend of allan.
>  =20
1. While there are several forums where top posting is verboten, I've=20
never seen any complaints about it here.

2. Replying to the direst without correcting the subject is a problem.=20
You can receive digests in 2 ways, plain or MIME. The MIME version tends =

to work well with most modern email clients and allows your email=20
program to treat each message separately. You still get a directory of=20
messages. Additionally, it tends to break the threading.

3. I deliberately did not change the subject line on this.

--=20
Boston Linux and Unix
PGP key id: 537C5846