Choosing a motherboard

Tim Callaghan wrote:
> Does that mean that onboard video and ethernet are going to work fine
> with current releases of the popular distributions?

Almost certainly.  VESA mode is supported by all video chipsets, so at least
that will always work.  And if your on-board video is brand-name, there's
almost certainly a good 2-d driver for it.

I haven't heard of any ethernet card being an issue for a long time (except
the recent issue with Intel e1000, but AFAIK the problem never made it out of
testing/beta for any distro).