Turning Off the Computer

> what is the current
> thinking on whether to turn home computers off when not in use. In my
> case, at night since I log into it in the morning. Certainly power
> saving technologies do save some costs.

Turn them off, most desktop computers idle still sucking down 100 of
more watt hours, more for fancy hardware such as 3d cards.

You can get away with suspend for laptops. But desktops at home and work
should _always_ be shutdown when not in use for over an hour.

When I did a test at home, I found leaving my desktop computer on
increased the domestic electric bill by 12%. Not like it's doing
anything during the night either.

Regards, Martin