Needed to boot windows to copy audio CD

Laura Conrad wrote:
> ...it seemed like somebody could just figure out those command lines
> for me. And they do change from time to time, so you can't just
> figure it out once and put it in a script or makefile.

The dd command line should be pretty consistent, as long as your input
device and output file location are constant. (You could always make the
output file a script parameter.)

> I thought that was what serpentine and brasero were doing.

I'm not familiar with those tools, but I would expect any modern CD
recording tool to have a clone option where it will take an existing CD,
write it to an ISO file, or directly to another CD drive. Perhaps these
tools can do that, you just need to do it in two steps, first creating
the ISO, then burning a new disk from it.

  -Tom

--
Tom Metro
Venture Logic, Newton, MA, USA