HDTV storage needs

I've got 1.5 T on my backend/frontend server (mythdora, thanks jarod).
I've got more shows on there than I can watch. :>)) (chuck, big bang
theory, corner gas, dr who)
last summer I saved all of the euro cup and was able to burn the final
to dvd for a friend.
my kids do watch some live tv on it.
the family pc (kubuntu) in the living room is setup to watch mythtv.
it is a great toy/way to watch tv when I want.
I have 2 hauppauge cards, both a few years old (one is a win-tv and the
other is a win-theater card).  I bought a pvr-350 that I can't get
working.
I might have to try it with that other o/s to see if there is a problem
with card.
I added a widescreen lcd to the server and mythtv seems to adjust the
ratio of the shows I record (analog, 480i) and then watch on the
widescreen without distortion.  that part is FM (f***ing magic)!

dan,
you said you have three tuners. what are using for a signal source? I'm
just using a splitter and getting the analog signal off my cable (rcn).
this limits me to about channel 70 for the two cards.  unfortunately, my
backend doesn't have firewire (yet) so that I could tap into the hd
cable box.