Desktop UI look and feel

 I've been a Linux user since the early 90s and fulltime Linux user since
1995. My First UNIX system was a Sun 1 circa 1986. I built my first
microcomputer in 1977.

I have always liked UNIX better than Windows. I remember when Windows 3.1
was all the rage, I still longed for *real* graphics like the Sun
machines. Then I coveted the Mac, which, IMHO, still has the solid and
functional "feel" of the old machines.

The Macs look good. They "feel" good. They fit their UI. Windows feels
clunky. What did Steve Jobs say? "Macintosh looks like it was drawn with
pencil on paper and Windows looks like it was drawn with crayons." Anyway,
something like that.

On to Linux, as sort of a subconscious thing, I think I have been trying
to get a Mac look and feel on my Linux box. I always knew I was doing it,
but it just occurred to me that my Panther KDE theme, my Foxdie firefox
theme, my top-mounted panel, dolphin, etc. are all just mimicking
Macintosh, they are not, per se' contributing to Linux. They are merely an
homage to Macintosh.

So, is there any uniquely Linux UI theme, set, etc. that really looks
good? KDE and Gnome are chasing Windows and aren't even looking at Mac
(IMHO). Is there any artistry? Something smooth and elegant with a subtle
splash of color, not some jarring garish monstrosity that looks like an
uglier version of Windows?

believed to be clean.