Re: Flatbed Scanner

For those who wonder how this question turns out, I went and bought an
HP scanner.  It doesn't work out of the box on my desktop, which is
still on Ubuntu 7.10, but does on the laptop, which is at 8.4.  If I
manage to get broadband back, I'll be upgrading the desktop.

--
Laura   (mailto:[hidden email] http://www.laymusic.org/ )
(617) 661-8097 233 Broadway, Cambridge, MA 02139

A computer is like a violin. You can imagine a novice trying first a
phonograph and then a violin. The latter, he says, sounds
terrible. That is the argument we have heard from our humanists and
most of our computer scientists. Computer programs are good, they say,
for particular purposes, but they aren't flexible. Neither is a
violin, or a typewriter, until you learn how to use it.

Marvin Minsky, ``Why Programming Is a Good Medium for Expressing
Poorly-Understood and Sloppily-Formulated Ideas''

believed to be clean.