Re: Flatbed Scanner

    mark> So, you'll need about 3G to scan 8.5x11 paper at 2400 dpi, but using 8bit
    mark> gray scale may work for you now.

I'm using gray scale, or actually black and white.  It works, but is
really slow at 2400. And it not only makes the computer slow while I'm
doing it, but forever afterwards whenever I deal with that file.  At
300 it's the speed I expect, but I need better resolution than that.

I'm missing my old Cannon, but I really didn't want another one
because it didn't last anything like as long as I thought it should.

--
Laura   (mailto:[hidden email] http://www.laymusic.org/ )
(617) 661-8097 233 Broadway, Cambridge, MA 02139

Thus, for instance, the Liberal party (to which I belong) was, in its
period of exile, always saying, "0 for a Gladstone!" and such
things. We were always asking that it might be strengthened from
above, instead of ourselves strengthening it from below, with our hope
and our anger and our youth. Every man was waiting for a leader. Every
man ought to be waiting for a chance to lead.

G. K. Chesterton

believed to be clean.