Re: Flatbed Scanner

 I took a quick look at the specs for the scanner, and while it is a really
cool hires scanner, I didn't see any specs about stepping it down much.

It may be that it only produces 300, 2400, and 4800 ppi. I'm surprised
that there is no option for 600 DPI because that's more or less the
defacto resolution of print business graphics these days.

I'm pretty sure it is not a bug in SANE as I have a 600dpi option on my HP
Office Jet.

What do you use the scanned graphics for? 300DPI color or gray scale may
be good enough for your task. On the computer screen, all zommed, things
look worse than when printed.