Re: Flatbed Scanner

    David> The chances that a current-model scanner will "just work"
    David> with complete feature support from a sane backend are not
    David> very good.

The hardware does seem to "just work".  The person who wrote the
driver just made some bad user interface decisions.  Or they're bad
for my purposes.

Let me try another question: Is there someone with a 2-3 year old
computer (mine is AMD Athlon(tm) 64 Processor 3500+) who's upgraded
the memory to 2G who's able to manipulate letterpaper sized files
scanned at 2400 without going and drinking coffee while they rotate?

--
Laura   (mailto:[hidden email] http://www.laymusic.org/ )
(617) 661-8097 233 Broadway, Cambridge, MA 02139

You can't lead if no one will follow.  People throw up their hands,
then sit on them.  They just want to get on with their lives.  The
leaders keep saying, "We need strong leadership," then they sneak off
to peek at their poll ratings.

Margaret Attwood

believed to be clean.