Re: Thunderbird question

 Jerry Feldman wrote:
> One question is composing. 90% of my email is sent in plain text, but
> there are times when I would like to compose in html. ... What I
> would like to be able to do is while in the compose window, select
> html if I want to.

I happen to have looked into this just recently. I don't know of a way
to switch dynamically from the plain text editor to the HTML editor (I
seem to recall that a long time ago this was possible from a menu
option), but if you have TB set to use plain text by default, if you
hold down the shift key while clicking Write or Reply, you'll get the
HTML editor.

Also, if you set TB to use the HTML editor by default, it will
supposedly only send HTML formatted messages if you make use of HTML
formatting. (I'd use this option, but 1. I don't particularly like the
behaviors of the HTML editor, especially the way it handles quoted text,
and 2. I so rarely need the HTML features.)

  -Tom

--
Tom Metro
Venture Logic, Newton, MA, USA