Computer Start and Shutdown Problems

 I have a year old MB that has recently refused to restart
after a shutdown unless I shutoff the Power Supply for an
hour. Then it will boot up into the OS and then after a
short period powers off. I left this computer sit for a
month and restarted it yesterday and it ran for a couple
hours till I shut it down via the OS leaving the PS on. I
came back hours later and I was note able to start it
without shutting off the PS for a few minutes and then the
initial symptoms I described above returned.

It is an AMD2 Asus board. I am going to disassemble the
board and re-install it. The case board had dimples that led
me to believe I didn't need standoffs but I am going to
install them now and see if it is a short issue. But, this
computer ran fine for a year and never had a overheating
problem.

Any insight would be appreciated.

Jim KR

believed to be clean.