Virtualization Question

 So I am rather stuck. I want to run linux on my home computer and not just
on my laptop, but there is a catch. I have a mac, that boots with efi (like
all new ones do) and windows because I have to have it for work. I tried
installing it natively but I must have done something wrong because I could
get it to install fine, but efi would never boot into it so I let it alone,
content with my OS X and windows. FYI for people who don't know about efi,
it allows 4 partitions on the boot hard drive and no more. 1 is dedicated
for the boot stuff, and 3 for other misc stuff. So basically I would have to
install linux with a single partition on the main drive, no swap, no boot,
and offload anything I find important to another drive. I have 4 drives in
it and I can dedicate a full one to linux without a problem.

So my question is 2 fold, 1) Should I go virtual and deal with all the fun
and joy associated with that problem, or 2) Say I am going to run natively
and just do it.

I was wondering if people who had linux on macs, had anything like my setup
and could point me to web sights or if someone could recommend a good
virtualization platform for me. I tried xen, downloaded it, configured it,
and then I tried to boot up the fedroia installer and it crashed with an
error telling me that I didn't have the correct kernel for my procs. I got
the x64 stable fedoria. Should I perhaps try again?

My mac is a mac pro, quad core, intel xenons, plenty of ram and hard drive
space.

What distro would be simplest to at least try to install in all of this, at
least to get running. I am personally a fedoria man myself, but to just get
linux on my computer i'm willing to try just about anything. Thanks. ~Ben

believed to be clean.