Re: Linux file systems

 I'm not keen on an index stored into a database. But, you need to weigh
in data integrity. It's possible that the journaling feature might
simply get in your way. Just using a bare ext2 might meet your needs.
But, to reduce the indexing overhead, possibly a simply b-tree based
data base should help. Much depends on how many accesses to the
directory hierarchy you are doing. The bottom line is that it all comes
down to what your ultimate design and usage is going to be.